Star Recruitment has been tasked by a London company to source an enterprising Sports Analyst.
Our client is a statistical consultancy company specialising in the modelling of sporting events.
Applications of our research is widespread across multiple sectors including betting, insurance, finance, media as well as giving advice to coaches and owners of sporting teams.
Their aim is to predict sport as accurately as possible. They have found this is best achieved by combining sports analysts, bright mathematical individuals able to comment on a sport and the factors that best describe potential outcomes, with advanced data driven models. The output they deliver provides product for trading into various established markets, as well as servicing other third-parties including renowned bookmakers and insurance companies.
Our client is currently recruiting talented individuals to join the trading team. The successful candidates can expect to:
· Closely monitor sporting events and our model outputs to highlight inaccuracies and suggested
· Work closely with their software developers and data scientists to iterate our models forward.
· Make numerous informed decisions, often under pressure.
· Have the opportunity to learn and develop both programming and statistical skills
· Learn about sports trading and prediction, for a range of sports, from some of the very best in the business.
· Progress quickly in an environment which recognises, measures and rewards success.
We enjoy a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, offering fresh challenges which are both rewarding and enjoyable.
· You will be mathematically strong, having gained a recent degree in a quantitative subject from a top university.
· You would have grown up watching sport and would have taken an excitable interest in the statistics.
· You will have a fascination with the way numbers can be used to describe ‘moments’ in sport and competitive situations.
· You can break complex problems down into smaller ones and enjoy finding effective solutions.
· You have enjoyed games of strategy and probability (Chess, Poker, Go, Magic:The Gathering).
· You have been able to identify inefficiency and have enjoyed benefitting from finding a more efficient solution.
· Competitive salary.
· Working for an ambitious, fast-moving company that thinks a little differently from the industry standard.
· Private pension plan.
· Private health insurance.
· Life Insurance.
· Subsidised gym membership.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a career in this exciting, fast paced environment, then please send your CV and covering letter that lists the sports you enjoy following to firstname.lastname@example.org